G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center
Occupational Therapy is the assessment and treatment of patients to develop, recover, or maintain daily living skills resulting from a physical, mental, or cognitive disorder. Occupational Therapists focus on independence and participation in daily activities. Occupational Therapy interventions include adapting the environment, modifying the task, teaching the skill, and educating the veteran/family in order to increase participation in and performance of daily activities, particularly those that are meaningful to the veteran.
GV “Sonny” Montgomery VA Medical Center offers a wide range of Occupational Therapy services.
· Self-care assessment and training (i.e. bathing, toileting, dressing, feeding, grooming)
· Assessment of IADLs (home management, safety skills, meal prep/clean up, financial management)
· Treatment of neurological conditions (including but not limited to Stroke, Head Injury, Spinal Cord injury, Multiple Sclerosis, UE nerve injuries)
· Treatment of certain orthopedic diagnoses (including but not limited to carpal tunnel, rotator cuff injuries, upper extremity fractures)
· Cognitive assessment and retraining
· Injury prevention
· Range of motion and strengthening exercises
· Functional Mobility Transfers
· UE splinting
· Various modalities for improving ROM, decreasing pain as needed (i.e. ice/hot packs, paraffin, fluid-o-therapy, ultrasound)
· Ergonomic workplace assistance for Employees
The Occupational Therapy staff consists of 8 licensed therapists and 1 occupational therapy assistant.
If you need an Occupational Therapy evaluation and treatment, your primary care provider or Patient Aligned Care Team can refer you.
- Basement, Room E-19
- 601-362-4471 Ext. 1709
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm