Contact the G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center - G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center
Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.

G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center


Contact the G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center

G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center offers a variety of health services to meet the needs of our nation's Veterans. For additional contact information you may also view our phone directory or A to Z List of Services. For Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) services, Dial 711.

Contacting a Patient

If you come to visit a patient you may wish to review our visiting hours and policies page.

If you would like to send a card, gift or flowers to a patient, the mailing address is:

Patient Name (Patient Room Number)
c/o G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center
1500 E. Woodrow Wilson Drive
Jackson, MS 39216-5199

For the location of an inpatient or their phone number, dial the Medical Center at (601) 362-4471 and press 2.

Telephone Care

Please contact our telephone care line if you need medical advice, have a question about your medication, or need to schedule a non-urgent appointment. Your location determines which number to use.

  • Within Jackson, MS metro area: 601-362-4471
  • Outside of the Jackson, MS calling area:
    Toll-free 1-800-949-1009
  • If you are sick and wish to speak to a nurse, press 3.

Schedule an Appointment

To schedule an appointment, please contact us at 601-368-4492, or visit My HealtheVet.

Former Prisoners of War

Our Former Prisoners of War Advocate can provide special assistance to former POWs.  Contact Teressa Meece, LPN at 601-362-4471 ext. 5692 or pgr 1120.

Patient Representative

If you have a compliment, complaint, or other issue which you believe requires resolution, please contact one of our patient representatives. Three full-time Patient Advocates are available to help you and your family with any problems or questions you may have about your stay.  If you have any concerns, complaints, compliments, or you just need information or assistance, the Patient Advocates are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on the first floor of the main hospital building (room D-114A) or you can reach Ken Hamilton, Lead Patient Representative, by dialing 601-364-1207.  The bold typed numbers below are the correct numbers for Eligibility.


All veterans are encouraged to enroll in the VA Health Care System.  To begin the process, please complete an Application for Health Care Benefits.  You can submit the form online, or you may print the form and mail it to us at: 

G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery Medical Center
Business Office - Eligibility
1500 E Woodrow Wilson Drive
Jackson, MS 39216-5199

You can also bring the form to the Medical Center.  The Eligibility Office is located on the ground floor in Module A.  Whether mailing or bringing your application, please include the following items:

  • a copy of both sides of your current insurance card (including Medicare or Medicaid)
  • a copy of your DD214, Armed Forces Report of Transfer or Discharge
  • (Purple Heart recipients only) a copy of your award letter if 'Purple Heart' is not noted on your DD214

To speak with someone in our Eligibility Office, please call 601-364-1511 or 1-800-949-1009, and press 1, then press 1511.

Compensation and Pension

To speak with someone in compensation and pension, call the Medical Center at 362-4471 (or 1-800-949-1009), then press 8.

Inquiry Routing and Information System

VA has established an inquiry routing and information system which provides answers to frequently-asked questions. You may also use this system to submit a comment, question, or concern.

News Media

Members of the news media should contact our Public Affairs Office at (601) 497-9694.


To report problems with this website, please contact the Webmaster.